Globe Wilkins Preschool earns Excellent rating
Date first awarded 23 October 2014
Date re-awarded: 15 December 2017
Valid until: 14 December 2020
Globe Wilkins Preschool has been awarded the Excellent rating by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA), the highest rating a service can achieve under the National Quality Framework.
Services that receive an overall rating of ‘Exceeding National Quality Standard’ can apply for the Excellent rating. The Excellent rating is awarded for up to three years. After this time services have the option to re-apply.
This is the second time the Marrickville based service as achieved the Excellent rating. On this occasion it was recognised for its collaborative partnerships with professional, community or research organisations, commitment to children that respects, reflects and celebrates culture and diversity, including place of origin and practice and environments that enhance children’s learning and growth.
Examples of exceptional practice at the service include:
- A strong commitment to embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture in the service’s practices and programs.
- Employing an Aboriginal educator to foster and reinforce a sense of cultural identity and to provide a strong Aboriginal role model while learning in an authentic way.
- Opportunities for children to connect to the land and investigate while in a natural environment at Wilkins Green.
- Building positive relationships with the local school to support children and families during the school transition process.
- A strong commitment to critical reflection that includes a three stage evaluation of yearly goals and planning webs.
- Promoting a sense of school community and peer relationships through children visiting the classrooms and the school children visiting the service to create a sense of belonging beyond the service doors and into the school environment.
- As a leader in the sector, Globe Wilkins Preschool shares its practice and learnings with other education and care services by opening its doors to other services to view its practices and environments.
More information on the Excellent rating is available on the ACECQA website.