Education Ministers approve updates to national approved learning frameworks
In acknowledging their continued importance supporting high quality education and care, all Australian, state and territory Education Ministers have now collectively approved updates to Australia’s two national approved learning frameworks:
- Belonging, Being & Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia V2.0 (EYLF); and
- My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Age Care in Australia V2.0 (MTOP).
Version 2 of the national approved learning frameworks are now approved for use under the National Quality Framework and are available on our website, along with these supporting resources:
- Information Sheet – Approved Learning Frameworks overview
- Overview of changes online video
- ‘What’s changed?’ fact sheet for the EYLF V2.0
- ‘What’s changed?’ fact sheet for MTOP V2.0
- Approved Learning Frameworks Update FAQs
- Mapping the updated EYLF to V9 Australian Curriculum
- Mapping the updated MTOP to V9 Australian Curriculum
Additional supporting material will be developed by governments and ACECQA to support providers and their services to implement the changes.
During 2023, approved providers and their services are encouraged to familiarise themselves with Version 2 of the national approved learning framework(s) as they apply to them and begin incorporating the new aspects into their educational program and practice.
The original national approved learning frameworks will remain in operation alongside the EYLF V 2.0 and MTOP V 2.0 in 2023 to enable approved providers and their services time to transition. Both versions can be used throughout 2023, before the original versions of these documents are revoked from early 2024.
No changes have been made to the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.