Guide to the National Quality Framework (NQF) – September 2020 update
An updated September 2020 version of the Guide to the National Quality Framework (NQF) is now available and contains includes updated guidance on:
- the Exceeding National Quality Standard (NQS) rating
- supporting safe transportation of children, including upcoming 1 October 2020 National Regulation amendments
- the intent of, and regulators’ expectations around, Regulations 29 and 30 and the $10 million public liability insurance minimum cover requirement.
New Exceeding the NQS webpage and guidance
We have updated Exceeding NQS guidance as part of our commitment to promote consistency, reliability and transparency in quality rating decisions.
New guidance in the Guide to NQF update includes:
- translation of guidance against each Standard previously presented as Exceeding ‘indicators’ into reflective questions for providers and services
- questions authorised officers use to consider against evidence gathered during the quality rating process, to help determine if all Exceeding themes are demonstrated for each quality Standard.
New resources on ACECQA’s new Exceeding the NQS webpage include:
- A series of case studies that offer practical and illustrative examples of high quality practice for each quality Standard.
- An information sheet that provides a quick summary of the updated Exceeding guidance and resources.
These updates and resources have been developed in collaboration with all state and territory regulatory authorities.
National Regulation Amendments 2020
The Guide to the NQF has also been updated to reflect the National Regulation Amendments 2020.
Updated guidance relates to:
- new requirements for providers of services transporting children - commencing 1 October 2020
- revised staffing provisions in South Australia - commenced 1 September 2020.
Public liability insurance minimum cover requirements
The Guide to the NQF has also been updated to clarify the requirements of, and regulators expectations around, public liability insurance minimum cover under Regulations 29 and 30.
We value your feedback and if you have any questions please email email@example.com