National Quality Framework changes in Western Australia
Western Australia will implement the remainder of the changes to the National Quality Framework arising from the NQA Review on 1 October 2018.
The changes include:
- Removal of Supervisor’s Certificates from the National Law – as of 1 October 2018 Supervisor’s Certificates will no longer be required.
- Changes to Family Day Care including:
- the introduction of prescribed co-ordinator/educator ratios
- educator caps included on service approval
- approval of family day care venues by the Education and Care Regulatory Unit
- requirements for family day care educators to notify the Approved Provider of changes in circumstances at the educator’s residence and serious incidents.
- Requirement for services to have sleep and rest policies.
- Requirement for the notification of actual or alleged physical or sexual abuse of a child whilst being educated or cared for by a service.
The revised National Quality Standard was introduced in Western Australia on 1 February 2018 along with the rest of Australia, and will not change on 1 October 2018.
There is no change to the educator/child ratio in Out of School Hours Care in Western Australia.
For more detailed information, providers and services should contact their regulatory authority