CPS Children’s Centre recognised for exceptional practice
Date first awarded: 30/4/2014
Date re-awarded: 15/5/2017
Valid until: 14/5/2020
CPS Children's Centre has been awarded the Excellent rating by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA), the highest rating a service can achieve under the National Quality Framework.
The Victorian based service was recognised for its collaborative partnerships, inclusive partnerships with children and families, practices that enhance children’s learning and growth and commitment to professional development and support for educators.
Examples of exceptional practice at the service include:
- Alignment with a number of community organisations, including ‘Banyule Community Health Centre’, to develop a ‘Holistic Hub Approach’ and targeted early intervention
- A program that is targeted at children and families who experience significant family stress and promotes children’s development and builds resilience
- A twelve week orientation process for children and families to build inclusive partnerships and a sense of belonging between the children, families and the service
- Educators having a strong voice to advocate for the services children and families
- A sustained commitment to professional development and support of educators by providing a variety of high quality professional development opportunities to support educators in their daily work with vulnerable children and families.
As a leader in the sector, CPS Children's Centre shares its research, practice and learnings with other education and care services, helping to ensure their positive impact reaches beyond the children and families who access their service.
About the Excellent rating
Services that receive an overall rating of ‘Exceeding National Quality Standard’ can apply for the Excellent rating. The Excellent rating is awarded for three years. After this time services have the option to re-apply.
More information is available on the ACECQA website.