Kindamindi Pre-School achieves Excellent rating
Date first awarded: 23 May 2014
Date re-awarded: 24 May 2017
Valid until: 23 May 2020
Kindamindi Pre-School has been awarded the Excellent rating by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA), the highest rating a service can achieve under the National Quality Framework.
The Inverell based service was recognised for its collaborative partnerships; commitment to children that respects, reflects and celebrates culture and diversity, including place of origin and practices and environments that enhances children’s learning and growth.
Examples of exceptional practice at the service include:
- Building positive relationships with local schools to support children and families during the school transition process.
- Developing exceptional collaborative partnerships with professionals and community organisations such as TAFE, Universities and Inverell High School students.
- Aligning with a number of community organisations, including Community Health and Armajun Aboriginal Health Service Health Centre to target early intervention.
- Employing a male Aboriginal teacher through the Strong Man in Preschool Program to foster and reinforce a sense of cultural identity and provide a strong male role model for the children.
- Promoting literacy to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children through a Book Buddies program which aims to increase literacy skills.
- Opportunities for children to connect to the land and investigate using natural materials through the service’s Bush Tucker Garden.
As a leader in the sector, Kindamindi Pre-School leads and inspires the local community, in particular the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community through leading the Parents in the Park program which aims to engage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families who do not participate in an education and care service to provide parent education sessions and link families to early intervention support agencies within the community.
About the Excellent rating
Services that receive an overall rating of ‘Exceeding National Quality Standard’ can apply for the Excellent rating. The Excellent rating is awarded for three years. After this time services have the option to re-apply.
More information is available on the ACECQA website.
Leave a comment