National Workforce Strategy
Consultation on a ten year national workforce strategy
Throughout May 2021, we consulted with the children’s education and care sector about possible actions and initiatives to improve the supply, retention and quality of the sector workforce. The consultation period is now closed.
Thank you very much to all who contributed to this important work. The feedback will be used to inform further discussions with national sector stakeholders and governments.
The final strategy is due to be considered by Education Ministers in the second half of this year.
Read the consultation document
Download the summary information flyer
Copy of information session slides (sessions held between 10-14 May 2021)
Consultation findings (survey open during May 2021)
Access the Online Workforce Snapshot
In December 2019, Education Ministers endorsed the development of a new national workforce strategy as a joint partnership between all governments, the children‘s education and care sector, and other key stakeholders.
ACECQA, on behalf of all governments, is coordinating the development of the new strategy, including stakeholder and public consultation. Since mid-2020, we have undertaken extensive consultations with national sector stakeholders and government representatives. These two groups, in addition to our workforce report findings in 2019, have shaped the potential actions and initiatives included in the below consultation paper. We would like to thank members of the national stakeholder reference group for their continued involvement in the development of the strategy:
- Australasian Teacher Regulatory Authorities
- Australian Childcare Alliance
- Australian Community Children’s Services
- Australian Council of Deans of Education
- Australian Early Childhood Teacher Education Network
- Australian Education Union
- Children's Education and Care Industry Reference Committee
- Community Connections Solutions Australia
- Early Childhood Australia
- Early Learning and Care Council of Australia
- Early Learning Association Australia
- Family Day Care Australia
- National Outside School Hours Services Alliance
- Outside School Hours Care Council of Australia
- Queensland Early Childhood Teacher Education Network
- Regional Early Education and Development Inc
- TAFE Directors Australia
- The Secretariat of National Aboriginal and Islander Child Care
- United Workers Union