Provisional Skills Assessment
ACECQA completes provisional skills assessments for the purposes of the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) only. This is also only available for the Child Care Centre Manager occupation.
To be eligible to apply for a Child Care Centre Manager provisional skills assessment for the purposes of the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) you must have:
- an ACECQA nationally approved diploma (or higher) education and care qualification, awarded by a CRICOS RTO/Institution
- evidence of at least 240 hours (40 days) supervised work placement completed in an Australian workplace as part of your qualification.
ACECQA’s NQF approved qualifications list is available on our website.
If you are concerned that you may not be eligible, you can seek general advice about the application process and assessment standards before lodging your application. Please call 1300 422 327 or email the Qualifications Team at email@example.com.
ACECQA is unable to answer questions or provide advice on migration, visa or points requirements. These questions must be directed to the Department of Home Affairs.
Applying for a Skills Assessment
To apply for a Skills Assessment you will need to:
- download and complete the Provisional Skills Assessment Application Form
- provide certified colour copies of requested documents
- pay online (the application fee includes GST)
- submit your application form and certified documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be asked to provide certified colour copies of the following documentation:
- A valid passport (identity page only)
- Evidence of change of name (if applicable)
- Official certificate/parchment for your qualification/s
- Final academic transcript for your qualification/s (all pages)
- A statement from the RTO or Institution confirming the supervised work placements completed as part of your qualification.
ACECQA will email you within 10 working days once your application has been received. We are committed to completing your assessment within 60 days from receiving all the information we require. If your application is missing information or documentation the application process will be delayed.
Giving false or misleading information is a serious offence. ACECQA conducts thorough checking of submitted documents and will notify the Department of Home Affairs, other relevant Australian Government Departments and law enforcement agencies where it has reason to believe that false or misleading information is provided.
After an assessment
We will notify you of the outcome of your application by email. If unsuccessful, you will receive reasons for the decision.
If you have additional evidence or believe that evidence provided with your application has not adequately been considered you can request a review of your Skills Assessment.