Assessment of early childhood qualifications
'Early childhood' qualifications relate to the delivery of education and care to children preschool age and under. There are three types of early childhood qualifications:
- Early childhood teaching qualifications
- Diploma level qualifications
- Certificate III level qualifications
If your early childhood qualification is not listed on the approved qualifications list you can apply to ACECQA to have it assessed for equivalence.
Applying for an assessment
To apply you will need to:
- download the Guidelines for the determination of equivalent early childhood qualifications
- launch Online qualifications assessment application form (for individuals) – early childhood qualifications OR download and complete the Application form (for individuals) – early childhood qualifications
- provide requested certified documents
- pay online (the application fee is set by the National Regulations and is not subject to GST).
- Applications must be submitted within 2 months of making payment. You can submit online form or email completed applications forms to email@example.com. Alternatively, if emailing application is not possible, see postal address on application form.
ACECQA will email you within 10 working days once your application has been received. We are committed to completing your assessment within 60 days from receiving all the information we require. If your application is missing information or documents, then the application process will be delayed. We may require you to provide additional or missing information as necessary. Giving false or misleading information is a serious offence. ACECQA conducts thorough checking of submitted documents and will notify the relevant law enforcement agency where it has reason to believe that false or misleading information is provided.
After an assessment
We will notify you of the outcome of your application by email.
If successful, you will receive a certificate by mail. If unsuccessful, you will receive reasons for the decision.
If your application is successful, you will be able to work as a qualified educator in an approved education and care service in Australia. However this does not guarantee teacher registration or a job in Australia. This process is also not for the purpose of, or related to, any migration or visa application process within Australia.