Approval of early childhood educator programs
ACECQA publishes the list of approved early childhood education and care qualifications for three types of early childhood educators under the National Quality Framework (NQF):
- Early childhood teacher
- Diploma level educator
- Certificate III level educator
If you wish to apply for ACECQA approval of your program, you must first submit an application for program approval.
Applying for approval
The Requirements for early childhood teaching program assessments and Requirements for diploma and certificate III level program assessments explain the application process and our requirements. Program providers should read these together with the application form for information about the process and the supporting documents that will be needed.
Your application must include:
- a detailed outline of the program, including its length, delivery mode(s), and any supervised professional experience
- evidence of how the program satisfies ACECQA's requirements, as well as other documentary evidence, such as course handbooks and unit outlines, internal approval and assessment documents, and other relevant policy documents
When ready to make an application to ACECQA, you must:
- complete the program assessment application form
- provide supporting documentation
- pay online (the application fee is set by the National Regulations and is not subject to GST)
- email completed applications forms to email@example.com within 2 months of making payment.
We will email you within 10 working days to acknowledge receipt of your application and confirmation of payment. We are committed to completing your assessment within 60 days from receiving all the information we require. However, if your application is missing information or documents, then the application process may be delayed.
We will notify you of the outcome of your application by email.
Notification of minor change to an approved program
A minor amendment is a change that does not significantly affect the program or student outcomes. If you have made changes to your approved program, you must:
- complete the form C – minor amendment form
A new application will need to be submitted for any changes that affect student outcomes or the way the program meets ACECQA’s assessment guidelines.