Skills Assessment Opportunities for Migrants Incentive
The Australian Government has engaged ACECQA to provide free and fast-tracked assessments of the skills and qualifications of skilled migrants who are currently in Australia and are ready to commence skilled employment in the Child Care Worker (group leaders only) (ANZSCO Code 421111) occupation.
Skills assessments under the Skills Assessment Opportunities for Migrants (SAOM) Incentive is to assist individuals to gain employment only and is a separate application to ACECQA’s qualification assessment function under the National Quality Framework (NQF).
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to apply for a skills assessment under the Skills Assessment Opportunity for Migrants (SAOM) Incentive you must:
- be currently residing in Australia
- be in Australia on an eligible visa (please refer to the list of eligible visa sub-classes below), that was granted on, or after, 1 January 2019
- be applying for assessment against the Standards for the Child Care Worker (group leaders only) (ANZSCO Code 421111) occupation
- not have undergone a skills assessment for the Child Care Worker (group leaders only) (ANZSCO Code 421111) occupation before with ACECQA or any other assessing authority.
|Family and partner visas||
Adoption visa (subclass 102)
Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 114)
Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 838)
Aged Parent visa (subclass 804)
Carer visa (subclass 836)
Carer visa (subclass 116)
Child visa (subclass 101)
Child visa (subclass 802)
Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864)
Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143)
Orphan Relative (subclass 117)
Orphan Relative (subclass 837)
Parent visa (subclass 103)
Partner visa (subclass 100)
Partner visa (subclass 801)
Remaining Relative visa (subclass 115)
Remaining Relative visa (subclass 835)
Interdependency (subclass 110, 814)
Designated Parent (subclass 118 and 859)
|Refugee and humanitarian visas||
Global Special Humanitarian (subclass 202)
Protection visa (subclass 866)
Refugee visas (subclass 200, 201, 203 and 204)
How to apply for assessment
Read the Skills Assessment Incentives Program Application Guidelines and complete the eligibility checklist.
ACECQA assesses applications against the assessment standards in the below document:
After reading the guidelines, if you are concerned that you may not satisfy these standards, you can seek general advice about the application process and assessment standards before lodging your application.
ACECQA is unable to answer questions or provide advice on migration, visa or points requirements, these questions must be directed to the Department of Home Affairs.
Prepare the required supporting documentation for your application.
Complete the application form and prepare the required supporting documentation for your application.
The supporting evidence required as part of your application will depend on whether you already hold an ACECQA approved diploma level (or higher) qualification or need your qualifications assessed under the NQF as part of your Migration Skills Assessment.
You will be asked to provide certified colour copies of the following documents:
- A valid passport (identity page only)
- Evidence of change of name (if applicable)
- Evidence of your current eligible visa
- Evidence of current residence in Australia
- Evidence you hold an ACECQA nationally approved diploma (or higher level) qualification (if applicable)
- Official certificate/parchment for your qualification/s
- Final academic transcript for your qualification/s (all pages)
- Employer Reference Template for all employment experience you are claiming
- Employment Experience Template for all employment experience you are claiming
- Applicant Declaration and Consent Form
- Authorised Representative Declaration and Consent Form (for authorised representatives who are not a migration agent)
- Migration Agent Declaration and Consent Form (for migration agents only)
- Applicant Consent for the Disclosure of Information Form (refer to application form)
- Evidence of English language proficiency (only for applicants who do not currently hold an NQF approved qualification)
Submit the application to ACECQA
- For fast delivery send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Via post to PO Box A232, Sydney NSW,1235.
ACECQA will confirm receipt of the application within 5 business days. This email will confirm whether the application is complete or whether additional information is required to complete your assessment. Failing to submit a complete application will result in delays processing your application.
What happens to my application?
ACECQA will email you within 5 working days once your application has been received. This email will confirm whether the application is complete or whether additional information is required to complete your assessment.
We are committed to completing your assessment within 15 working days from receiving all the information we require. If your application is missing information or documents, then the application process will be delayed.
Giving false or misleading information is a serious offence. ACECQA undertakes routine checks to verify the information provided in your application and conducts thorough checking of submitted documents. We will notify the relevant Australian Government Department and law enforcement agency where we have reason to believe that false or misleading information is provided.
- So that they can send you an optional survey in August 2022 and January 2023. Your answers will not affect your application and will only be held by the department in a de-identified format to enable it to inform future skills assessment policy. There is no impact to your application if you do not want your contact details to be used for this purpose.
- ACECQA may disclose personal information (including sensitive information) to the Department of Education, Skills and Employment solely for the purpose of conducting an audit of the assessing authority (ACECQA). Please be aware that if you do not consent to your information being shared with the Department for this purpose, ACECQA will not be able to accept or process your application under the Skills Assessment Opportunities for Migrants Incentive.
You will be requested to provide consent for these two purposes when you submit your application.
How do I receive my outcome?
Once your application has been assessed we will notify you of the outcome of your application by email.
If your application is successful, you will receive a certificate by mail and will be able to submit your skills assessment as part of a visa application. Note: a successful skills assessment does not guarantee your visa will be granted.
If your application is unsuccessful, you will receive reasons for the decision. If you have additional evidence or believe that evidence provided with your application has not adequately been considered you can request a review of your skills assessment.
For further information regarding the Skills Assessment Opportunities for Migrants Incentive please refer to our frequently asked questions or call us on 1300 422 327 or email the Qualifications Team at email@example.com.