Skills Assessment Pilot 3
The Australian Government has introduced three Skills Assessment Pilots to provide greater opportunities for onshore migrants to join the workforce and address skills shortages that Australia is currently facing. The Australian Government has engaged ACECQA to assist in the delivery of the following pilots:
- Pilot 1 – Faster Migrant Skills Assessments concluded in June 2022.
- Pilot 2 – Skills Assessment Opportunities for Migrants is open and accepting applications. Information regarding Pilot 2 criteria can be found on the ACECQA website.
- Pilot 3 – Employability Assessments commenced 26 September 2022.
Pilot three offers a free employability assessment and access to subsidised training for migrants who have already received a suitable skills assessment outcome in a priority occupation but are currently working below this skill level. Participants who complete an employability assessment and training may improve their employment opportunities and secure employment in a priority occupation where there are critical skills shortages.
As part of this Pilot, you will have access to:
- A free employability assessment.
- One free coaching session to develop your personalised plan and to help support you to further develop your employability skills.
- Subsidised course fees for accredited training with a nationally recognised training organisation. The Australian Government will contribute 90% of the course fees, up to a maximum of $3,000 (GST exclusive). You will need to contribute 10% towards the course fees.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible for this Pilot if you:
- have received a suitable skills assessment outcome in a priority occupation from your relevant Assessing Authority on or after 1 January 2019 and have held the suitable skills assessment outcome for a minimum of 12 months.
- are seeking an Employability Assessment in the priority occupation for which you received a suitable skills assessment.
- are in paid employment below your skill level at the time of submitting your Application Form to participate in the Pilot 3 program.
- have worked a minimum of 40 hours per fortnight within the last month. This includes work you have performed with more than one employer.
- are residing in Australia at the time you submit the Pilot 3 Application Form.
- are on an eligible permanent visa subclass.
- are not registered as a job seeker or have an active referral with Workforce Australia, Disability Employment Services or the Community Development Program.
- have not previously completed or withdrawn from a Pilot 3 - Employability Assessment.
How to apply
Read the Pilot 3 Employability Assessments Introductory Information Kit and Complete the eligibility checklist.
After reading the Information Kit, if you are concerned that you may not satisfy the eligibility criteria, you can seek general advice about the application process and eligibility criteria before lodging your application.
ACECQA is unable to answer questions or provide advice on migration, visa or points requirements, these questions must be directed to the Department of Home Affairs.
Prepare the required supporting documentation for your application.
Complete the application form and submit the application to ACECQA
- Send via email to email@example.com or
- Via post to PO Box A232 Sydney NSW 1235
ACECQA will confirm receipt of the application within 5 business days. This email will confirm whether the application is complete or whether additional information is required to complete your assessment.
What happens to my application?
ACECQA will email you within 5 working days once your application has been received. This email will confirm whether the application is complete or whether additional information is required to complete your assessment.
We are committed to completing your assessment within 10 working days from receiving all the information we require. If your application is missing information, then the application process will be delayed.
If you are eligible and there are places available, you will be invited to participate in Pilot 3. If you are not eligible to participate, you will be notified via email.
For further information regarding the Skills Assessment Pilots please refer to the Skills Assessment Pilots web page or call us on 1300 422 327 or email the Qualifications Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.