ACECQA Annual Reports
The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) is pleased to present its Annual Report 2021-2022.
Click on the image below to see the desktop-friendly report.
ACECQA publishes Annual Reports in accordance with section 279 of the Education and Care Services National Law.
Here are some of ACECQA's achievements this year:
- Helped 153 services across the country to improve quality and safety for children as part of the Australian Government-funded Community Child Care Fund Restricted program.
- Led the work to improve safety for children attending services operating in multi-storey buildings. The proposed 2022 National Construction Code amendments now include increased safeguards, for example – child-appropriate handrails in emergency stairwells, early warning systems throughout the whole building, automatic response sprinklers in services, and compartmentation and separation to mitigate risk of fire and provide a safe haven whilst evacuating.
- Expanded the StartingBlocks website to become the leading government site for families to find information about early childhood education and care. Families can now find and compare services’ quality ratings, vacancies, fees and inclusions, and also have access to trusted government information and resources on children’s development and learning.
- Led the work to update the NQF Approved Learning Frameworks to ensure they remain contemporary and align with Australian schooling curriculum requirements. The updates reflect contemporary developments in practice and knowledge, and support all educators to promote the wellbeing, learning and development of each child.
- Continued to lead the Joined Up Approvals project to streamline the approval process for high quality prospective education and care providers. Applications will be assessed through a single online portal by regulatory authorities against the Education and Care Services National Law and Family Assistance Law. The new process will reduce regulatory burden and support efficient and consistent regulatory practice.
Annual Report - previous years
Annual Report 2020-21
Annual Report 2019-20
Annual Report 2018-19
Annual Report 2017-18
Annual Report 2016-17
Annual Report 2015-16
Annual Report 2014-15
Annual Report 2013-14
Annual Report 2012-13
Annual Report 2011-12