Skills Assessment Online Application Form
Are you submitting an application on behalf of someone else?
Our online application portal requires applicants to register before submitting their application. The registration process involves the applicant providing their email address, the system will then email the applicant their login details. As such, if you are a migration agent wanting to submit an online application on behalf of a client, you must use the client’s email address and ask them to check their email and provide you with the login code. Should you use your own email address, you will be unable to submit another online application with the same email address.
Before you begin
This application will take up to 40 minutes to complete. During the application, you will be asked to provide supporting documents. We are unable to assess your application until all the required information and documentation have been provided.
You must read the Skills Assessment Application Guidelines before submitting your application.
At the end of the application, you will be asked to pay the application fee.
The supporting evidence required as part of your application will depend on whether you already hold an ACECQA approved diploma level (or higher) qualification or need your qualifications assessed under the NQF as part of your Skills Assessment.
You will be asked to provide certified colour copies of the following documents:
- A valid passport (identity page only)
- Evidence of change of name (if applicable)
- Evidence you hold an ACECQA nationally approved diploma (or higher level) qualification (if applicable)
- Official certificate/parchment for your qualification/s
- Final academic transcript for your qualification/s (all pages)
- Employer Reference Template for all employment experience you are claiming
- Employment Experience Template for all employment experience you are claiming
- Applicant Declaration and Consent Form
- Authorised Representative Declaration and Consent Form (if applicable)
- Evidence of English language proficiency (only for applicants who do not currently hold an NQF approved qualification)
Any documents in a language other than English will need to be translated. Certified colour copies of both the original and translated documents will need to be provided.
For more information on the required documentation refer to the Skills Assessment Application Guidelines.
What happens to my application?
- We will use the information and documentation you provide in this form to make an assessment of your qualification(s) and employment experience against the relevant assessment standards.
- Within 10 days of submitting your application we will contact you to advise whether your application is complete or if we require further information. We are unable to assess your application until a complete application is received.
- We undertake routine checks to verify the information provided in your application. Providing false or misleading information is an offence.