In these Terms, the following terms have the meanings set out below:
- Content – anything published, hosted, appearing or accessible on the Site including without limitation information, data, text, images, quality ratings, results, addresses, tables, compilations, the National Registers, databases, code, software, logos, publications, sound recordings, videos or website material in which intellectual property is owned by or licensed to ACECQA or created by another party for inclusion on the National Registers
- Derivative Work – material in any form that is derived from, or created by changing, editing, modifying or adapting any Content, including without limitation Content from the National Registers
- Distribute – to publish, communicate to the public (make available online or electronically transmit) or otherwise distribute
- National Registers - the national registers of approved providers, approved education and care services and certified supervisors (WA) that it is required to establish, maintain and/or publish under the Education and Care Services National Law
- Reproduce – to make a copy of the whole or any part of the Content from the Site including without limitation the National Registers in any form (including but not limited to printing, downloading or storing in electronic form)
- Site – means the ACECQA website currently located at www.acecqa.gov.au and includes without limitation the National Registers appearing on the ACECQA website
- we, us and our – means ACECQA and, where applicable, any staff or independent contractors who may from time to time act on behalf of, or for, ACECQA in connection with any Content on this Site including without limitation any Content on the National Registers
- you – you, the user of this Site, and your principal or organisation (if you are acting as an agent or representative).
Use of this Site
By using the Site, you acknowledge and agree that:
- to the extent there is any inconsistency between these Terms and the notices incorporated by reference into these Terms, these Terms prevail
- your access to and use of the Site is on an ‘as is, as available’, basis
- any Content we communicate using the Site is communicated in good faith as general information only, and is not in the nature of advice. The data and other information published in the National Registers are jointly managed by each state and territory regulatory authority and ACECQA. We believe the Content to be accurate and current as at the date of publication, but we reserve the right to correct or update Content at any time
- you will indemnify us against any loss or damage we may suffer, howsoever caused (including through negligence), as a result of, or in connection with, the use or misuse by you of this Site and Content published on this Site, including Content from the National Registers.
Unless otherwise indicated:
- you should proceed on the basis that all Content on this Site including in particular Content forming part of the National Registers is subject to copyright protection, and may also be the subject of trade mark, and/or other intellectual property rights
- intellectual property in the Content of the Site is owned by or licensed to ACECQA
- intellectual property in Content provided by Commonwealth, State or Territory agencies, private individuals or organisations may belong to those agencies, individuals or organisations and may be licensed to, or otherwise authorised to be used by, ACECQA.
Grant of rights
Subject to these Terms (including the restrictions on use of this site and Content outlined as per below), to the extent that ACECQA owns intellectual property in Content on the Site, or is otherwise permitted to grant a licence or consent in respect of third party Content, you are permitted to Reproduce and Distribute Content from the Site, and to create and Distribute a Derivative Work strictly for:
- your personal and non-commercial use; or
- if you are accessing this Site on behalf of your organisation, non-commercial use on behalf of your organisation.
In exercising your rights under this section, the following conditions apply:
- you must not subject the whole or any part of the Content to derogatory treatment for the purposes of the Copyright Act 1968
- you must retain all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices in any Content that is Reproduced in whole or in part without material alteration
- you must acknowledge Content from the Site that is used or relied upon in the following way: ‘Source: Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)’.
If you breach any of these Terms, the permission granted under this section is immediately and automatically revoked.
You must not use the Site, the Content on this Site, the National Registers or any Derivative Work outside the scope of these Terms without obtaining our prior written consent to do so. We may agree to provide our written consent for such use (including subject to conditions) or decline to provide our written consent in our absolute discretion and without giving reasons. Any requests in relation to written consent should be addressed to:
Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Restrictions on use of this site and content
You must not, without our prior written permission, do any of the following things:
- Reproduce, Distribute or use in any manner any Content from the Site or the National Registers or any Derivative Work for any commercial purpose, including but not limited to:
- directly or indirectly selling or licensing any such Content or any Derivative Work
- directly or indirectly selling access to any such Content or Derivative Work including via a website
- generating advertising, subscription or other revenue from any such Content or Derivative Work
- Reproducing or Distributing any such Content or Derivative Work on, or in connection with, an external website, intranet site or equivalent media that has a commercial purpose
- use any Content from the Site, the National Registers or any Derivative Work to compete with or displace the market for or use of, the Content from the Site or the National Registers, including as the source of quality rating data for services regulated under the National Law
- use any Content from the Site, the National Registers or any Derivative Work, in a manner that is likely to be misleading or deceptive, or otherwise conveys inaccurate or incomplete information to the public
- use Content from the Site, the National Registers or a Derivative Work, to falsely or inaccurately represent either directly or indirectly that:
- you, your organisation, your website or your goods or services; or
- any other person, their website or goods or services,
- are connected with, or sponsored or approved by, us or any of our partners or associated entities or bodies
- sub-license or otherwise permit others to use the Content from the National Registers or any Derivative Work
- in, or as a whole or a part of your own or your organisation’s own trade marks
- in connection with activities, products or services that are not ours
- in any manner that may be confusing, misleading or deceptive.
Amendments to terms and conditions
We reserve the right to change these Terms (including any notices incorporated by reference) from time to time as we see fit and your continued use of this Site, including the National Registers, will signify your acceptance of any amendment to these Terms on and from the date that the amended Terms are published on the Site.
If any of these Terms (or any part of these Terms) is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, it will be severed from these Terms and remaining Terms will continue in full force.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by the laws in force in the State of New South Wales (NSW). You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NSW.