Work with us
Communications Officer, Web and Graphic Design
ACECQA is an organisation whose goal is to implement changes to support the early childhood education and care sector that benefit children and their families.
We want children in Australia to have the best start in life!
How do we do it?
We provide national leadership on the implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF) and collaborate with the Australian and state and territory governments.
We strive for innovation and continuous improvement and are committed to keeping the sector and the community informed with the latest developments in early childhood education and care.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Officer, Web and Graphic Design to join us managing ACECQA’s website content, graphic design and desktop publishing for online and print honouring our quality brand and style. The successful applicant will be sourcing, developing, writing and editing a range of communications including social media as a committed a team player supporting the communications team’s engagement and communications strategies.
This role is part-time and fixed term for 12 months at ACECQA Band 4 ($74,023 – $83,112 – Full Time Rate)
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a separate document that provides details showing how you meet the selection criteria listed below.
Please send to Human Resources at ACECQA via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for all applications is 11.59 pm Sunday 02 June 2019.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 6, especially Dreamweaver, InDesign, Fireworks and Illustrator, with a proven track record in graphic and web design, and email newsletter campaigns.
- Sound skills in web design (HTML/CSS) and experience with open source Content Management Systems (CMS), as well as understanding of usability principles and Australian Government web standards compliance requirements.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and across concurrent projects, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Highly desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Proficiency in Google Analytics.
- Experience in developing video, basic animation and recording for online content.
You must have the right to work and live in Australia to apply for this role.
The successful candidate will be required to consent to a national police check.
For more information please contact Human Resources on 02 8240 4293 or Manager Communications, Michelle Squire on 0419 692 601
ACECQA is committed to removing barriers and opening up opportunities. As an employer we seek to ensure people with differing needs and abilities have the same opportunities to successfully gain skills, knowledge and experience through work, social activities, education and training irrespective of their age, disability, colour, race, gender, religion, sexuality, family responsibilities, or location. In particular, we are committed to improving opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
ACECQA Temporary Register 2019
The Temporary Employment Register is open for candidates to register a general expression of interest (EOI) for employment with ACECQA.
The Temporary Employment Register enables ACECQA to access appropriately skilled and experienced individuals at short notice or refer candidate details, with their consent, to government organisations with similar vacancies.
To apply, submit the following via email:
- ACECQA Expression of Interest Form
- Current Resume
- Cover letter outlining the type of area you want to work in and the skills, knowledge and qualifications you could bring to ACECQA (no longer than 2 pages).
Send your application to email@example.com quoting reference number ACECQA-TER-2018.
ACECQA is collecting the information requested in advertisements for the purpose of selection and recruitment of suitable candidates.